An account opened by parents in trust for children aged 6 to 12 years, the UMB Piggy Bank Account allows them to enjoy the experience of long-term saving first-hand. The account is an excellent tool to teach children the basics of financial literacy and to financially prepare them for their future. As they learn the fundamentals of mathematics in school, the use of the UMB Piggy Bank Account will bring the value of these lessons to life through real-life application.
Saving account held in trust by parents for children aged 6 to 12 years.
Top Features and Benefits
- Regular lodgement can be set up from parents account into Piggy Bank Account.
- Free 25 leaflet savings withdrawal booklet.
- Regular e-statements as well as 24/7 Internet banking and SMS alerts.
- Children are entitled to branded gifts like exercise books and pencils once the account is opened.
- Free standing orders or bank drafts to pay school fees.
- Free E-Suite.
- Child participation in the UMB Studicare Project
- UMB My Child, My Asset Day Sessions
- UMB Milestone Celebrations
- Completion of Piggy Bank Account Opening form and KYC form.
- Completion of Mandate card.
- Two passport size photographs per trustee (If more than one) and beneficiary.
- Proof of Address (Utility bill / direction to prospects home / call report).
- Form of Identification for the parent/guardian/ trustee (Valid national ID such as Passport/ Drivers License, Voters ID/ National ID).
- Form of Identification for the Child (Birth Certificate/ Passport/ NHIS/ Child Birth Record).
Start saving for your child’s future today!
Click here to sign up for a Piggy Bank Account.